Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Groningen, Netherlands


Last weekend I went to the very north of the Netherlands to visit a friend. Last year at NAU i met a exchange student who was from Groningen. Netherlands is a very small country, it only took me 3 1/2 hours by train to go from the south to the north of the country. The north is very different, there is a lot of farm land - there were cows, sheep and a lot of open area.
I stayed with my friend, Albert. Albert showed me around the city of Groningen and his hometown which is about a 20 min drive. We went to the North Sea (the picture) and if you look really close you can see Germany. It was really interesting and fun to meet a dutch family and to see the difference. His dad was walking around the house in traditional wooden clogs.
On Saturday night we decided to go out on the town. When i asked what the plans were for the evening he informed me that people do not go out till 1am! So we did not go out till one and stayed out till sixish and the bars/clubs were still packed when we were leaving, its quite a different night life to say the least, but very fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment