Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Madrid Spain


Last weekend i went to Madrid by myself. I was kind of nervous to travel by myself but it was a great experience. I left my house in Breda very early in the morning on Friday. I took the train to Eindhoven which is a little over a half an hour ride. Once I was in Eindhoven i caught my flight to Madrid. My ticket was only 65 euros.
Once i arrived in Madrid i took the metro to my hostel. My hostel was very cool, the ceiling was stain glass. At the hostel there was a cafe, bar, dance floor, and a hang out place. I shared my room with 14 other people. There was a large group of older Italians that were really funny. Right after i got there i met two girls that i hung out with the rest of my stay.
During the days i walked about and sight saw. I went to Sunday market where they sold everything you could imagine for a very good deal. I ate a lot of tapas which are delicious. As well as chocolate and cheeros that were everywhere. I went to a bull fight- it was really interesting. They had six different round and each type the bull would die. It was really sad because the bull did not have much of a chance to live. When the bull was dead they would tie it up and drag it off with horses. I saw a lady heuristically crying and she was on her way out. I would never want to go to another bull fight but I'm glad that i did experience it. Overall i was gone three nights and entire three days, had a great trip, and the weather was perfect! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you... When Gpa and I travel we always split up for at least part of the day...because we have a different agendas. But do be especially wary of pick pockets.. Wear your passport around your neck and UNDER your clothes and keep it separate from your money... Our room was robbed in Spain and we lost our passports and credit card but had money separate....we were just at breakfast across the hall... But do not let that keep you from going ...just be aware of people around you... go girl go!!!!

    ReplyDelete